Friday, November 9, 2012

Birds of Coles Creek

A large quantity of birds around the property this morning. Unfortunately not a very clear day to get photos but I still managed to capture a few good ones.
As usual there were lots of Variegated Fairy-wrens around early.

Male Variegated Fairy-wren
 
There were also approximately 50 Golden Whistlers, 10 Rufous Whistlers and 40 Eastern Yellow Robins that were sighted. These 3 species are always in large numbers on the property, especially this time of year. Many types of honeyeaters were seen also but few good photos due to the constantly changing weather conditions.

Male Eastern Yellow Robin
 
Male Golden Whistler

On the way back to the house I saw a Little Pied Cormorant sunning itself above the dam.

Little Pied Cormorant
 
Overall about 60 species of birds were sighted or heard but due to the lighting early in the morning many of the photos were poor quality. At least when the sun came out for a few minutes a few good shots were taken.

More updates and pics each week.

If you're interested in my blog check out my site below by clicking on the link.

Australian Birds KEUNEA PHOTOGRAPHY

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Deb. The photos in the blog may not all be good quality, just the photos I can get from that trip. If you want to see some of my better quality photos check out the link on the bottom of the page to my web site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I'm a bit slow tonight. I do know, now I've looked at your name and thought about it, especially after your last message. Sorry! I didn't expect or think to look for people I may know, unless they are birding people until I told them about the blog as it only started a week ago. Who told you about the blog? Keep looking if you are interested anyway as it will be updated each weekend with more pictures and my big birding experiences. The next blog will have heaps of photos and lots of them are good quality. See you Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ! I'm stalking u ;). Na u just popped up ;). awesome photos u multi talented !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Keune, Great post, I appreciate you and I would like to read your next post. Thanks for sharing this useful picture of birds around Australia.Bird

    ReplyDelete